Fluffy Grain-Free Herb Drop Biscuits
Going gluten- or grain-free doesn’t mean you’re banished to a life without biscuits…
Just a life without gluten-filled biscuits!
Thanks to this easy recipe — Grain-Free Herb Drop Biscuits — you can once again enjoy hot biscuits slathered with grass-fed butter.
Because wheat flour has certain properties that grain-free flours simply do not possess, gluten- and grain-free baking can be tricky. Adding Wildly Organic’s Tapioca Flour to the mix results in a lovely, delicate crispiness on the outside and a soft, fluffy inside. Isn’t that what you look for in a good biscuit?
There’s one trait these grain-free biscuits do have in common with their wheat-filled counterparts: they are at their very best hot and fresh out of the oven. They’re still good warmed up the next day, or even cold, but they do lose that straight-outta-the-oven texture.
If you have leftovers, don’t pitch them! Crumbled and mixed with a bit of melted butter, they’re a great topping on our Grain-Free Turkey Pot Pie, or any meat pie or casserole recipe.
Fluffy Grain-Free Herb Drop Biscuits Make Every Meal Better
These almond flour drop biscuits are so quick and easy! You can mix them up and have them baked in a half an hour or less.
They’re a perfect companion for any meal of the day:
- Start your day with sausage gravy and biscuits with scrambled eggs for breakfast.
- For lunch, with a nourishing soup like our Dairy Free Saffron & Dill Salmon Chowder and a fresh salad.
- What about supper — with our Hearty Paleo Beef and Mushroom Stew?
- Or how about a snack with some raw, pastured cheese and some fresh fruit?
What’s Your Favorite Herb Combo?
I made these using our family’s favorite herbs and seasonings: garlic, onion, paprika, parsley, and oregano. You can easily substitute your favorite herb combinations, too.
Try adding a spicy note with cayenne pepper. Leave out the oregano for a garlicky biscuit. Try thyme and rosemary or lemon pepper and dill.
The flavor combinations are truly endless!
Learn the 6 Advantages of Grain-Free Baking!
Do you bake gluten- or grain-free? Do you love a good biscuit?
- 1 1/2cup Wildly Organic Almond Flour
- 2/3cup Wildly Organic Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 cup Wildly Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 1/2teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking soda
- 1tablespoon Wildly Organic Garlic Powder
- 2teaspoons Wildly Organic Onion Powder
- 2teaspoons Wildly Organic Parsley
- 3/4teaspoon Wildly Organic Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2teaspoon Wildly Organic Paprika
- 1/2teaspoon Wildly Organic Oregano
- 4tablespoons Wildly Organic Refined Coconut Oilvirgin coconut oil can be used but will impart more of a coconut flavor
- 2large eggswhisked
- 1/4cup almond milkor milk of choice
- 1teaspoon Wildly Organic Coconut Syrupoptional
- 1teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Dawn Yoder